Tue, 16 Nov|
UK - My Place in the World Today Constellation Workshop
Third Tuesday of the Month - not including December Bannaventa Centre, Nr Daventry In this workshop series we use a mixture of a Societal and Personal Constellations to explore our place in and with, the rapidly evolving times and events of the world today.
Time & Location
16 Nov 2021, 10:00 GMT – 17 Nov 2021, 16:30 GMT
Bannaventa Centre, Daventry NN11, UK
About The Event
Tuesday November 16th - 10.00am for a 10.30am start to 04.30pm
Suggested contribution £20 - or affordable to you donation. You may choose what you pay at the manual checkout electronic transfer, or bring cash on the day.
Bannaventa Centre, Near Daventry, exact location will be given at booking.
WHAT AN EARTH IS GOING ON - AND WHERE DO I FIT IN IT ALL?
Have you found yourself wondering what an earth is going on in the world these days, and how and where do you fit in all of it? The current rapidly changing times and the great divide some of these new ideas and expectations appear to have brought about, have left many confused, disorientated and unsure of their place in the world. These unique times bring about unique approaches to life, love and living, and the incredibly inventive, creative and ingenious nature of humanity to navigate all of this is an organic and evolving process. It can feel overwhelming.
In these workshops we explore some of these topics, using the Constellation process.
In the morning we set up a mini (if one can call it mini when dealing with Society) Societal constellation to get a flavour of the energy we are working in. We then do one or two personal pieces of work in small groups to resource us in those challenges and give us a framework in which we can move forwards riding the waves of change a little less clumsily.
Housekeeping for Workshop
- Arrive 10am for 10.30am start
- In the morning we look at the bigger picture, and in the afternoon we explore a smaller piece of work looking at our place within that.
- We aim to finish 4.30pm ish, but often finish before then
- Bring lunch to share - but no panic if your culinary skills evade you that day, or time runs out to purchase or prepare, there is normally plenty to go around.
A little about The Centre
Welcome to “The Shed Space” aka The Bannaventa Centre, a wild and ‘rustique’ off-grid workshop space near Daventry –
The Centre is situated very near the ancient Roman fortified town of Bannaventa, a safe, warm resting place where travellers could access provisions for their journey, and horses and other livestock could be safely stabled overnight.
Once a carpenter’s workshop specialising in bespoke new pieces and restoring old and cherished heirlooms, the ‘Shed Space’ is gradually transforming into a rustic meeting place for curious and adventurous knowledge seekers, future vision questers and natural health advocates.
Open for all – we at The Shed, respect your individual sovereignty, personal choice and civil liberties. We are pro choice for health and health freedoms, and will not be requiring proof of anything for your participation in activities at our centre. We encourage freethinking, creative expression and personal responsibility for actions and words.
We respectfully ask, that unless under ceremonial circumstances, where the drug of choice is part of the ceremony, that you refrain from taking drugs or alcohol during workshop sessions.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT THE 'SHED SPACE'
Furthering the settings’ traditions of respite, restoration, regeneration and transformation, the Shed Space is for life travellers to come and fill up and resource, ready for the next part of their journey in this rapidly changing world.
Up until very recently this was a carpenters workshop, abandoned for quite a few years before we took it over. We have washed walls and ceilings, swept away many many many cobwebs and piles of sawdust, but some still remain – it is a bit like painting the Forth bridge – but we do have carpets
All that we are undertaking here is a working experiment, a work in progress and at this current time, we ask you to please bear in mind when you visit the Centre that;
- The Centre is relaxed and informal, and very much in the early stages of its transformation, so ‘rustique’ is definitely the word of the day.
- We do not know what we might need until the space starts to get used, and that means there are some things we haven’t anticipated until we come up against a glitch in the working prototype.
- Once hooked up to the mains, the Workshop was cut off from this resource many moons ago and now only has off grid power; solar and wind. This suits us well as we are working with sustainable and regenerative power sources and eventually water self sufficiency, and we are being continuously stretched to be more creative.
- No mains power means no 24v kettles, fridges, electrical heating or major electrical appliances, and no conventional place to charge your phone. If possible please make sure your phones are charged if you want to use them or bring an external top up charger. We do have a couple of USB charge points on the solar charge controllers but it will be a trickle charge for emergency.
- Heating: For warmth, we have a small wood burning stove, and a couple of paraffin heaters. They seem to be doing the job of keeping the space above zero and some, however, we have no idea as to the exact requirements of heating in this space and you may find yourself cool, so please come dressed appropriately. Bring layers and perhaps a pair of indoor socks or footwear.
- Food and drink: We currently have facilities to boil plenty of water for teas, coffees etc, with enough mugs for 20ish and a modest amount of crockery and cutlery. We are working on building a larger stock of crockery and cutlery to support lunches and plated food. For the moment it’s bring your own lunch or something to share, which one will be on your booking form.
- We have facilities to heat up soup or stews, but they will need to already be in pots/pans that can go on a gas stove.
- There is presently no oven or microwave - and FYI there will never be a microwave lol.
- A 3 min drive will take you to a couple of eating places locally, Whilton Locks Garden Centre and Whilton Locks Café, and the pub at Norton, 5 mins drive does meals and fish and chips for alternative sources of food.
- Toilets: Another work in progress – No getting away from it, the sanitary situation is currently very ‘pastoral’. The vision is for some purpose built composting toilets and showers, but while that vision is being realised - we have our very sophisticated ‘Northamptonshire bucket flush’ model – and a chemical toilet. Not ideal, but better than nothing. There are facilities for hand washing and hygiene.
Final note: The Workshop still has some of the old carpentry machinery in it, because it is simply so huge and heavy we haven’t moved it yet. It makes for an interesting talking piece.
We look forward to welcoming you to our space.
- Ticket type
My Place in the World Today
You may choose to pay at the manual checkout electronic transfer, or bring cash on the day. If you are paying by cash on the day, please let us know in the 'Anything we need to know' comments box on checkout.Price£20.00