SINGAPORE - Don't Panic! Trauma - a Systemic look at re-integration and healing old wounds.
Time & Location
About The Event
Saturday June 7th and Sunday June 8th - 9.40am for 10am Start
This workshop is open to anyone who has already done the minimum of the 3 day Introduction training - Practice and Principles of Systemic Constellations training with Elaine or the equivalent. If you are unsure as to your eligibility then please contact Elaine Harris firstname.lastname@example.org
‘Trauma’ is everywhere - events that happen that are beyond our control, from the extremes of earthquakes and natural disasters, man made wars, genocide, economic crisis, exile etc., to a relative or friend dying, divorce or separation, sustained systemic familial abuse, or simply a move away from home, an accident or injury, or a job change – the impacts of these, and more, can send ripples through the system, either business or personal, for generations.
When things become stressful and overwhelming and there is no holding space or time for integration, the human and business psyche has unique ways of coping and responding to Trauma – fight, flight, freeze, split off. The first part is the Event – the second part of this, the impact of the event, is the Response to the event. While the responses might be life saving in the short term, if there is no processing or integration then they can cause ripples through the system that the generations that come after might find themselves unwittingly entangled in. This 'stuck pattern' is often an unconscious effort to create or complete a healing movement that never got the chance to complete itself. Looking at the pattern from a systemic perspective can help to create insight and space to allow the natural process of integration, healing and moving on to occur.
Amongst other things;- −
- In this workshop we will consider the various ways in which trauma, which may have happened decades or even centuries ago, can have an impact on a system and explore systemic exercises to help us highlight, integrate, and/or grow beyond the patterns of Traumatic Contraction.
- We will look at finding the right place for these events in our system and practice systemic based exercises that move us beyond the cultural and societal systemic patterns of the Traumatic Event and into a place where something new might be possible.
- We will look at how our very personal traumas could be reflected in a larger Societal or Cultural Traumatic Event/s and be an attempt to try and heal something that has in fact nothing to do with us.
- We will also look at how to pick up some of the pieces of ourselves or our ancestors that may have been split off or forgotten somewhere during one or more of these stressful times and that we need to reclaim for our own lives moving forwards.
Please Note – The workshop is about serving the needs of the group. Depending on demand we may or may not get to cover all of the subject matter quoted above and we may substitute with other exercises. We will follow the ‘Field’ and stand in the ‘unknown’. Participation in this workshop is likely to involve some personal processing however, this is NOT a group therapy workshop and it is expected that participants manage their interpersonal relationships within the group appropriately. There is support available for this outside of the workshop space – please contact Elaine, if you have any questions or concerns re this matter.
- Sold OutEarly bird$550$5500$0